6 Popular Design Trends in Mens Wedding Rings
Today’s modern man wants his own unique sense of style to stand out from the crowd. One way to make a personal fashion statement is with an exceptionally crafted custom wedding ring. Nowadays, men share the same excitement as women when it comes to choosing nothing but the best for their symbol of love. As a result, masculine designs, styles and trends have emerged to cater to these demands.
Types of Mens Wedding Rings
Classic – For the groom who prefers traditional, timeless rings
Diamond – For the groom who wants something less traditional and a bit more flashy
Engraved – For the groom who likes a twist on a classic wedding band
Modern – For the groom who enjoys contemporary design and unusual materials
Men Gravitate Toward Precious Metals
The first ring feature that usually grabs a man’s imagination is the type of metal it is made from. Often considered “the soul” of a wedding band, men can choose among a variety of attractive precious metals such as platinum, titanium, tungsten, sterling silver, various colors of gold and others. Speaking of color, trendy options such as rose, black and cobalt are gaining popularity. The metal’s finish also adds distinction, whether it is a smooth, textured, hammered or a rough surface. Attention is also given to the width of a man’s wedding band – for big, prominent hands or long thin fingers. Men also appreciate a wedding ring that is easy to keep looking its best. The use of gemstones and softer metals may demand more care than say a titanium band, which can be worn for years without much hassle.
6 Popular Design Trends in Mens Wedding Rings
- Engraving – Arguably the most popular design trend is inscribing romantic poetry on wedding bands. What began in medieval Europe is the oldest element that’s often incorporated in customized rings because the uniqueness of the message will make it a priceless possession for your partner.
- Unusual Texture– Sporting a wedding ring with distressed textured detailing not only brings a certain nuance to the jewelry, is can conceal the inevitable scratches of use.
- Unconventional Metals – The current popular favorite for grooms is rose gold, two-tone metals and platinum. Studding metal with diamonds or gemstones adds personality as well.
- Edgy Materials– Wood, fossilized dinosaur bone, Samurai sword steel – mixed with other metals offers a creative twist to mens wedding rings.
- Dark Colors– The opposite of conventional jewelry glitz and glamor, dark colored rings are trending today. Metals like Damascus steel, sterling and white gold can be oxidized to create stunning darkness, as well as natural black titanium and black zirconium.
- Customization – Fast becoming the darling of the jewelry world, due to new technology and emerging expertise, customization has emerged as a popular fad that gives people the liberty to create something that best suits their needs. After all, a wedding ring can be the one and only accessory a man will be wearing for the rest of his life. Why not make it yours, and yours alone?
Custom Mens Wedding Ring Design to Fit Your Lifestyle
At Indy Facets, we can custom design a ring to fit your lifestyle, whether you’re looking for the rugged beauty of a virtually indestructible metal like titanium and black titanium, the artistry of uniquely-set diamonds or a band to match your bride’s engagement ring.
Our number one goal is to help you find your personal style, express yourself and have fun doing it! We can create the perfect mens wedding ring for you or the man in your life:
- Stunning metals and gemstones for the perfect symbol of love
- Hand-crafted, innovative design
- Comfort-sizing for those with larger hands
- High-end quality at affordable prices
- Artistry to last for years to come
If you can imagine it, long to wear it, and it’s made from precious metals and gemstones, we can make it for you.
Indy Facets – Everyone’s Private Jeweler
Indy Facets seamlessly blends the expertise and full service of a traditional jewelry store with the value and convenience of a personal jeweler experience. We give you the face-to-face interaction with an expert that you deserve, in a private setting where you can relax and feel comfortable. Owner/Designer Shaun Goodyear and his team have earned an excellent reputation as Indiana’s private jeweler for engagement rings, custom design, investment grade diamonds, luxury Swiss timepieces, estate jewelry, jewelry repair and the highest level of customer service, available to you from an onsite, state-of-the-art Custom Design Studio and Gemological Laboratory by private appointment only. You are guaranteed a unique, fun and exciting experience without the hype, pressure, judgment or uncertainty associated with other jewelry shopping options. We schedule appointments at your convenience, and are usually available evenings and weekends, too. Call 317-810-1665 for your private appointment or schedule online, indyfacets.com/schedule.